Smartphones are the UK’s most popular device for getting on line, so going forward there will be no excuse for your company not having a responsive website. Don’t forget, your website is the front door to your company / brand, so it’s important to make a good impression from the get go. That means an easy to navigate, mobile optimised site that is visually appealing, which provides the right level of information in a way that is easy for your customers to digest – it’s not rocket science!
It’s amazing how the cost of developing websites has come down in recent years, but many company decision makers aren’t necessarily aware of that, as a result there are still lots of companies out there who are put off making improvements to their website for fear of it costing too much and / or it being too complicated, which is just not the reality….
- Is your website responsive? So it automatically changes to fit the device you’re reading it on?
- Is your website intuitive to navigate around? To really answer that, stand over someone who is new to your site and ask them to find a piece of information within your website and look to see how easy or difficult it is for them to find.
- Do you have links to your social media channels from your website?
- Do you have a comments / contact us template that actually works?
- Do you use dynamic images, which are images that change or scroll through?
- In: Tips